Synopsis: Since graduating from Sarah Lawrence College with a BA in Geography and Environmental Studies, my career has taken me down a path of writing, social media, and journalism. I have done profiles of musicians such as Emmylou Harris, Lukas Nelson, The Weeks, Rob Garza, Chris Isaak, and Dilated Peoples; artists such as Lino Tagliapietra, Marcia Myers, and Greg Miller; film greats such as actress Kate Bosworth, Directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon (The Descendants) and Craig Borten (Dallas Buyers Club) and actress Allison Williams; wellness gurus such as Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love), Rich Roll, and MC Yogi; as well as events such as the Sun Valley Wellness Festival, the Sun Valley Road Rally, the Sun Valley Film Festival and much more.
Freelance Writer, Editor, Copy Writer, Transcriber
• Backup reporter for Idaho Mountain Express, Nov 2019-current
• Writer for The Source, July 2019-current
• Writer for Edible Idaho South, July 2019-current
• Writer for Boise Weekly, April 2019-current
• Writer for Visit Sun Valley, September 2018-current
• Website and social media updating for real estate agent Corey Graham, July 2018-current
• Writer for Sun Valley Magazine, July 2018-current
• Writer for Idaho Press, November 2018-current
• Work for National Geographic photographer Jody McDonald including writing pitches, bios, etc, 2016-current
• Writer for The Weekly Sun newspaper, August 2018-August 2019
• Writer for Western Home Journal, August 2018
• Edited novel The Story of Markus by Aliki Georakopoulos, November-December 2018
• Website content written for Free Ice Cream Inc, December 2018
• Transcribed court case audio for Jo White, December 2018
• Edited novel The Modern Meditator by Tina Ciccarello, November 2018
• Edited novel Journey to Bamiyan by Jean-Pierre Chesnel, August 2018
• Articles published on vegnews.com, March 2018-June 2-18
• Work done for Sun Valley Wellness Festival including writing a media kit, copy editing, etc. May 2018
• Article written for Toni Child's Wrap the World In Beauty Initiative, May 2017
• Articles published on allaboutarizonanews.com, July 2016
• Published The Elixir, Issue 1. February 2016
• Freelance reporting for dreamclimbing.com, January 2015-March 2015
• Back reporting done for US Weekly, January 2015
• Website editing done for Baden Guitars, 2014-2015
• Article published in Chickpea Magazine, Issue 1
• Article published in Tofu Magazine, Issue 6
Sun Valley Property News (SVPN): Deputy Editor
October 2013 – June 2018
SVPN is published 8 times a year at 7,500 issues each. It won the Maggie Award for Regional/State magazine in 2013.
I was promoted from Editorial Assistant to Assistant Editor after 6 months, Content Editor after 3 years, and Deputy Editor after 5 years. Duties include:
• Pitch editorial ideas
• Write feature articles for monthly issues.
• Commission writers each issue.
• Edit all editorial content.
• Write Editor's Welcome Letter.
• Sell ads, manage received ads, and assist in having ads designed for clients for each monthly issue.
• Upload magazine articles to online platforms monthly.
• Book and manage photoshoots.
• Manage page counts and page plans.
• Edit designed files in Indesign.
• Craft cover lines.
• Manage intern and Editorial Assistant.
Edible Idaho South: Editorial Assistant
January 2013 – October 2013
Edible Idaho South is a quarterly publication and member of Edible Communities, a growing network of local food magazines published in over seventy-five communities across North America. The magazine is locally owned and benefits from the support of an award-winning national publishing company with over 15 million readers nationwide.
• Updated social media platforms including Facebook (approximately 1,000 fans), Twitter (approximately 1,000 followers), Pinterest (approximately 40 followers)
• Uploaded magazine stories to website.
• Managed subscriptions and sent out quarterly issue of magazine to subscribers.
• Wrote short editorial pieces for magazine's website.
InHue Magazine: Food and Nutrition Writer
February 2013 – May 2013
InHue is an online magazine is an online health publication for women of color.
• Pitched food and nutrition article ideas to editor.
• Wrote food and nutrition themed articles which included reaching out to sources and interviewing.
•Sarah Lawrence College, 2006-2010
BA, Environmental Studies, Geography
Activities and Societies: Students for a Democratic Society, Environmental Club, vegan baking
•School for International Training, 2009
Sustainable urban planning and development
Activities and Societies: Through International Honors Program of SIT, studied development, urban issues, sustainability, transportation, health, etc.
•Wood River High School. 2002-2006
High School Diploma, General Studies
• Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Wordpress, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact, Microsoft Powerpoint, Dropbox, Basecamp, Digital Photography
• Research, writing, editing, public speaking, presentations, press releases
• Intermediate French
• NOLS Wilderness First Aid
• Certified Volunteer for the Humane Society
Jonathon Smith. Art Director, SVPN magazine. 208.309.3333
Meg Vorm. Former Managing Editor, SVPN magazine. 208.720.4997
Suzanne Hazlett. Colleague. Hazlett Wealth Management. 208.450.9142